This post is about another type Logic7 BMW amplifier. This top HI-FI DSP Logic 7 Part 65129181743 was found on the following vehicles:
- 1′ E81 (02/2006 — 12/2011)
- 1′ E87 (02/2003 — 02/2007)
- 1′ E87 LCI (01/2006 — 06/2011)
- 1′ E88 (11/2006 — 10/2013)
- 1′ E82 (11/2006 — 10/2013)
- 3′ E90 (02/2004 — 09/2008)
- 3′ E90 LCI (07/2007 — 02/2012)
- 3′ E91 (02/2004 — 08/2008)
- 3′ E91 LCI (07/2007 — 05/2012)
- 3′ E92 (05/2005 — 02/2010)
- 3′ E92 LCI (11/2008 — 06/2013)
- 3′ E93 (09/2005 — 02/2010)
- 3′ E93 LCI (11/2008 — 10/2013)
- 5′ E60 (12/2001 — 12/2009)
- 5′ E60 LCI (10/2005 — 09/2010)
- 5′ E61 (10/2002 — 02/2007)
- 5′ E61 LCI (11/2005 — 05/2010)
- 6′ E63 (05/2002 — 07/2010)
- 6′ E63 LCI (04/2006 — 07/2010)
- 6′ E64 (09/2002 — 07/2010)
- 6′ E64 LCI (04/2006 — 07/2010)
- (03/01/2008 — 10/03/2008), Exchangeable retrospectively
- (09/01/2007 — 04/09/2008), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (09/01/2007 — 06/15/2007), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (03/01/2007 — 11/19/2007), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (03/01/2007 — 11/23/2006), Exchangeable retrospectively
- (03/01/2006 — 08/11/2007), Exchangeable retrospectively
- (09/01/2005 — 03/12/2007), Exchangeable retrospectively
- (02/11/2005 — 10/15/2010), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (02/07/2005 — 02/03/2005), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (11/29/2004 — 07/13/2005), Exchangeable retrospectively
- (07/29/2004 — 05/17/2011), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (05/27/2004 — 09/09/2005), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (03/01/2004 — 10/28/2004), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (11/17/2003 — 03/23/2004), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (10/01/2003 — 03/15/2004), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (06/30/2003 — 10/18/2006), Bilaterally exchangeable
- (06/02/2003 — 05/20/2011), Exchangeable retrospectively
- (04/01/2003 — 10/20/2006), Exchangeable retrospectively
- (02/24/2003 — 06/23/2003), Exchangeable retrospectively
- (01/23/2003 — 03/13/2003)
This amplifier is different than E65 Logic7 amplifier, it runs different software and cannot be installed on either. This amplifier has 9 channels vs E65 with only 5 channels. This amplifier controls all the speakers on the car, so if it goes bad you will not hear any sound in any speaker.
But not always amplifier is the problem, in some cases other modules go bad, interrupting MOST network and you will not hear any sound even with working amplifier. So here i will explain how to diagnose if it is the amplifier or something else went wrong.
This amplifier has a diagnostic LED, which will show lots of things you most likely don’t know about. Here you can see where it is located. So look at that LED, turn on the radio and look at it:
blinking yellow -check or bypass sat tuner or Bluetooth tel module
no yellow– amp is bad
steady yellow but no sound or bad sound- amp is bad
- Steady yellow means its getting input fiber optic signal from the head unit (CCC or CIC) and output signal travels to the head unit correctly through other units , so you should hear the sound in most cases, but rarely it also could be some software glitch with CCC, when you don’t get sound with working amp. Try CCC reset.
- Blinking yellow means AMPLIFIER IS WORKING and getting input signal from the head unit, but output signal is somewhere lost due to the next bad unit in the loop. So you just need to find a bad unit and either bypass it or replace it with a working one. Most common units to fail are: Sirius satellite unit, Bluetooth telephone unit
- No Yellow LED, but you can see blinknig red LED deep inside most likely means 3 things:
- amp is bad
- no power getting to the amp check last 2 thick wires red and brown 12V should be present always, otherwise check fuses in the trunk.
- No fiber optic input getting into the amp from head unit, but in this case you should see a red LED on for 15-20secs, this means amp is waiting for a signal and if no signal present it will go to sleep mode. Easy to check, you should see a blinking red LED in the CAR CONNECTOR with the amp fiber optic connector disconnected. If its blinking it means head unit is sending signal to the amp and amp CPU has to accept it and send the output signal back to other units and head unit eventually. Rarely, But if no red led present in the connector it means no signal is coming from the head unit due to either bad head unit or some fiber optic wire damage. If you remove head unit and you see a red light blinking, you should see the same blinking at the amp connector.
So basically you should get steady yellow LED at the amp, which will indicate the network is working, bypass not working modules and if amp is good you will get sound back to your car!
These amps are much better design compared to E65 design, but they still go bad due to following reasons:
- Water damage especially on convertibles 6 series, almost always we see this problem: It happens when water drainage pipes get clogged up with dirt and thanks to smart design all water leaks onto the amp and other units. Please always clean those pipes with compressed air and some soap. On 3 series we see rear taillight bolts getting loose and therefore it leaks water inside.
- Actual CPU failure or other things go bad inside the amp. We can help in this case, but can not guarantee 100% success, usually we see 60-70% success rate vs 90% e65. Good thing these amps are quite cheap on Ebay or junk yards, or new from the dealer 1200$.
HOW TO BYPASS NON WORKING MODULE??? EASY! GET THIS P/N FROM ANY BMW DEALER 61136917541, YOU CAN GET IT ONLINE FROM ECS TUNNING ECS TUNNING FIBRE OPTIC JUMPER. YOU HAVE TO REMOVE INNER PART WITH SOME FLAT SCREWDRIVER OR A KNIFE, YOU CAN ALSO USE ZIP TIE IF YOU PLAN TO
IF YOU DECIDED YOU NEED HELP WITH REPAIR, PLEASE SEND YOUR AMPLIFIER OR ASK UNIT OR BOTH HERE ALONG WITH 260$ PAYPAL PAYED TO LOGIC7REPAIR@GMAIL.COM.
We have also EBAY add, so you can see real feedback.CLICK THIS LINK BELOW, MAKE A 260$ PAYMENT, PRINT A RECEIPT AND INCLUDE IT IN THE BOX WITH YOUR AMPLIFIER OR ASK UNIT AND SEND IT TO OUR ADDRESS (SEE BELOW). USUALLY IT TAKES 1-2 DAYS TO REBUILD IT AND 2-3 DAYS SHIPPING. INEXPENSIVE AND FASTEST SHIPPING IS USPS PRIORITY MEDIUM BOX (12$).
THIS AMP IS QUITE COMPLEX INSIDE AND YOU CAN SEE NOT MANY OFFER THIS REPAIR, SOME OFFER IT AT 500$++ FOR A REASON,
8000 Research Forest Dr.
Spring, TX, 77382